The long dark tea time of the soul has passed. The move back to Canada has been complete, although if you asked me a few months ago I would have said I’d be living in Toronto again and not in a small town just over an hour away. Oh well. The money I save on mortgage costs can be used toward my collection 🙂
So lets just have a quick review of where we are.
1) The decision made to focus collection on OPC brand (through it’s multiple incarnations) has led to a major purge in non OPC cards. (By purge I mean moving from the actively collecting section past the not actively collecting but adding to and into the blerg section.
2) The New years resolutions, written before the move while still in The Dominican Republic have proved to be a bit too easy so far.
- Get my cards out of storage (should always start with an easy one) – DONE. They look nice in their binders on the shelf again.
- Update my checklists to get my lists up to date – Almost done- I’ve made the complete list of possible cards (see next post) but havent checked them off again
- complete 1 pre-2000 OPC hockey set – DONE It’s a big one for me and will get a separate post
- get a minimum of 1 card from each OPC base set pre 2000 – In progress, but with the updated list created, might be a lot harder.
- get to 40% on The White Whale (I am at 1364 cards. So just a smidgen over 33% completed.) If you can help please check out https://supportingtheminnow.wordpress.com/the-white-whale/ – No movement as yet (but I know there are some in my unprocessed in box of cards)
- Attend the Spring/Fall Card Expos in Toronto and the National in Chicago – Ready to roll in a few weeks for the Spring show in Toronto
Just happy to be back in the hobby and able to collect again.
So now the question is, where to focus from now on..