It’s been almost 18 months since the last consistent posting here. Forgive me but moving to The Dominican Republic made card collecting a bit difficult.
I had some hopes when I first moved down here. It’s a baseball mad country. But alas, other than a few beat up 90’s junk wax the pickings were slim.
But now my contract is almost up (my role was to come down here and set up a satellite office for our company) and I’m moving back to Canada at the end of January. Yes it’s crazy to move from the warmth of the Caribbean to Canada in the middle of winter.
So, I thought seeing as this was an end of year post it made sense to put in my 2015 goals.
1) Get my cards out of storage (should always start with an easy one)
2) Update my checklists to get my lists up to date
3) complete 1 pre-2000 OPC hockey set
4) get a minimum of 1 card from each OPC base set pre 2000
5) get to 40% on The White Whale (I am at 1364 cards. So just a smidgen over 33% completed.) If you can help please check out https://supportingtheminnow.wordpress.com/the-white-whale/
6) Attend the Spring/Fall Card Expos in Toronto and the National in Chicago
All achievable goals.
But most importantly. Get back into the hobby I’ve missed.