When I gave myself the goal of going for a master set I knew it would be difficult, but at least it would be fun. After the first couple of weeks a few truths have come out.
1) The Base & Retro sets should be done fairly simply and relatively soon. Most people would stop here.
2) The Stickers and Leaders subset should also present a tangible result in the near future.
3) The Rainbow inserts look like they will be somewhat easy to complete at a reasonable cost. (some people might stop here)
4) The Black Rainbow parallel looks possible but time consuming. As they are all serial #’d out of 100 time is of the essence. Need to get these soon before they disappear into collections.More people would stop here.
5) The Red Rainbow parallel is going to be even tougher. I don’t see getting that set done anytime soon. It could be a lifetime project or looking through cheap boxes at card shows and asking at stores. That’s ok. It will make completion sweeter. I don;t think many people are crazy enough to keep going on this set.
6) The rest of the inserts are going to have to be grabbed as soon as I see them. Many will not surface again for a while.
7) Card bloggers are great people and take interest in other peoples projects. I appreciate all the kind words of support I have gotten (although I think many assume I am crazy for trying this)
So what about today? Last night I got a package in the mail with my first Red Border cards. 8 Down and 592 to go on this parallel.
As always. If you have any 2012-13 OPC or know someone who does, please let me know.